July 9, 2012
There are over 46,000 miles of highway within the US highway system. Thousands of trucks and vehicles travel on these roadways daily and as a result, a significant number of truck accidents occur each year. Below are some of the most common causes for truck accidents on our nation’s roadways:
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents:
- Driving without proper training or qualifications by truck operator
- Excessive speed
- Alcohol/prescription medication/drug use
- Driving without proper rest (driver fatigue)
- Falling debris from trucks
- Tire damage/failure
- Exceeding maximum load capacity
- Blind spot-related accidents
- Driving while distracted (texting, PDA use, phone calls, etc)
… and more
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident involving a truck, chances are one or more of the above factors played a role in your accident. At the Truck Accident Lawyer Group, we fight for victim’s rights to ensure adequate compensation as a result of injuries sustained from trucking-related accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured, please contact our law office today for a free and confidential phone consultation. You may contact us by calling 877-736-4222 or by filling in your information on the right hand side of this page.