Brad Pistotnik Law
Abogado El Toro

Compensation for Kansas Neck Injury Accidents

Have you or your loved one suffered a neck injury due to the negligence of others and have not yet been compensated?

If so, waste no time in contacting an experienced Kansas personal injury lawyer. You do not have to bear the pain and cost of your injury alone while the at-fault party pays nothing.

Common Types of Accidental Neck Injury

While most neck injuries only result in soft tissue damage, many that happen due to the result of car crashes and slip and fall accidents are more serious and long-lasting.

Some of the most common neck injuries following an accident are:

  • Sprains. Sprains occur when the ligaments that connect bone to bone are stretched or damaged. Sudden motions, falls, and twists or repetitive stressful movements often lead to sprains. Pain, loss of flexibility, and swelling may occur.
  • Whiplash. While "whiplash" is not a specific medical condition, it commonly refers to the painful nervous system damage that affects the neck area after the head is suddenly thrust forward in a car or sports accident. It can take days before whiplash symptoms surface, such as neck pain, arm pain, numbness, and lost sleep.
  • Herniated Discs. When one or more discs suffer damage and the soft "nucleus pulposis" inside the disc gets out and contacts nerve roots, the pain can be excruciating.

Compensation Under Kansas Personal Injury Law

If your neck injury is serious, it can lead to overwhelming medical expenses and an inability to work and loss of income. Under Kansas law, you are entitled to compensation for financial expenses and "pain and suffering" directly caused by the actions of others if they did not act with "the care and caution that would be expected of a reasonable person in the same situation."

For your suit to be valid, you must file within two years of the date of injury, or in some cases the date of discovery of the injury. If you do not meet this statute of limitations requirement, you will lose your right to compensation.

Be aware that Kansas uses a "modified comparative fault rule" for personal injury cases. This means your compensation will be reduced by whatever percentage (if any) of the fault is deemed to be yours. If the court finds you 25% at fault and the other party 75% at fault, you would only get $75,000 out of an otherwise $100,000 claim.

If 50% or more of the fault is designated as the victim's own, no compensation can be collected.

Insurance companies and at-fault parties will try to put as much of the blame on you as possible, which underscores the importance of having an experienced personal injury lawyer fighting on your side.

Contact Us Today For Help

Brad Pistotnik has successfully handled numerous neck injury lawsuits in the past and won the maximum compensation for his clients. He understands the details of Kansas personal injury law and knows how to secure fair and full compensation.

For a free legal consultation, call Brad Pistotnik Law 24/7/365 at 800-241-BRAD, 316-684-4400, or 316-706-5020 (Brad's cell number). You can also call his associate Tony Atterbury at 316-617-9237 or fill out our online contact form.

If you speak Spanish, visit Brad Pistotnik's Abogado El Toro for assistance.

Pistotnik Law is based out of Wichita, Kansas, but serves clients throughout the whole state. Many of our past clients hail from such municipalities as Dodge City, Liberal, Garden City, Hays, Salina, Colby, Emporia, Newton, McPherson, Arkansas City, Winfield, Hugoton, Goodland, Topeka, Kansas City, Pittsburg, Coffeyville, Wellington, Kingman, Pratt, Great Bend, Satanta, Newton, El Dorado, and more.