If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident whether it be from a tractor-trailer, motorcycle, commercial vehicle or auto; it's important you know your rights. If you have been injured as the result of someone else's negligence, the first portion of your medical bills will be handled by your insurance company, under the "no-fault insurance" in Kansas. The remaining portion of your bills should be handled by the insurance of the at-fault driver. To receive the full compensation you are entitled to you may have to file a Personal Injury claim. Brad Pistotnik founded Pistotnik Law in 1983. The firm is now known as Brad Pistotnik Law and is near Webb Road on East 21st Street in Wichita, Kansas.
What are the steps you need to take for Personal Injury Protection?
* Do not make any statements regarding your accident until you've spoken with an attorney. Statements could be used against you that may diminish your claim. Do not wait to seek medical attention; even if you think your injuries are not serious, a medical physician needs to verify it. Not seeking medical attention immediately, or as soon as possible, may also diminish your claim.
* You will be required to fill out a Personal Injury Protection application with your insurance company before they pay the first part of your medical bills.
* Your health insurance may refuse to pay your bills related to car accident injuries until you've exhausted your Personal Injury Protection(PIP) coverage. This is where having an attorney watching that your rights are not interfered with is very important.
K.S.A. 40-3113a et. seq. provides the statutory basis for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits.
Brad Pistotnik Law accident attorney has over 30 years’ experience and knows how to deal with insurance companies on car accident injuries. He has never worked for an insurance company as their tactics have never been something he approved of. Brad believes that insurance companies should take care of those that pay their premiums and pay the money you deserve.
* Your insurance company is going to send a package of papers for you to fill out regarding the car accident injuries. Having Brad on your side as you go through this paperwork will take incredible stress off your shoulders. He has the experience needed to know how to properly fill out these forms and exactly what your insurance company needs to know to receive proper compensation for you.
* Medical providers are your choice when you deal with the PIP coverage of your car accident injuries. When you have to switch to your health coverage for the remaining portion of medical costs; you will need to follow their rules and guidelines on who you can seek treatment from.
Brad Pistotnik Law will provide the best legal advice possible.
Kansas auto insurance laws can get very confusing but having Brad Pistotnik Law on your side with his personal injury and motor vehicle related cases experience you will get the best care possible. Brad will never lose sight of what needs to be done on your case; he will never forget that you are a real person. He knows what you need, and he will care about you and will provide the best legal advice to ensure you a quick and fair settlement.
Brad Pistotnik has the reputation for being a hard-working and honest lawyer. Insurance companies know the he will take all necessary steps to ensure you are treated fairly and receive the compensation you deserve. Brad and his team of professionals will handle your case as if it were the only case they have and be with you every step of the way. Contact Brad today if you have been injured and are suffering from car accident injuries and you will see how compassionate he is about his work. We serve all of Kansas including Wichita and Sedgwick County, Garden City, Dodge City, Liberal, Hugoton, Satanta, Salina, Great Bend, Hutchinson, Wellington, Emporia, Topeka, Manhattan, Hays,Chanute, Hill City, Pittsburg and Coffeyville as well as other towns and cities in Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Illinois and other numerous states. Call Brad Pistotnik Law 24 hours a day at 316-684-4400 or 800-241-BRAD or on his cell at 316-706-5020.