How can you be sure to find the right Kansas injury lawyer to help with your case? If you or a loved one has experienced a serious personal injury as the result of an auto accident or construction accident then you'll want to find a Kansas injury lawyer who can successfully present a strong case for the best chance at receiving the biggest possible settlement and can represent you effectively in court. Unfortunately, not every Kansas injury lawyer is effective or can meet your specific needs. To find the right Kansas injury lawyer for you, use the following tips:
- Perform a basic background check - Looking into the reputation of a Kansas injury lawyer isn't too difficult. You can find plenty of client reviews online, such as Avvo and even Yelp. You can also make sure the lawyer is licensed to practice law in Kansas and find out what their disciplinary record looks like by visiting the Kansas state bar association. Obviously, you should be wary about any lawyers that have a lot of poor client reviews or who have had more than a few disciplinary actions taken against them.
- Browse their website for signs of experience - A good way to find out how knowledgeable a lawyer might be is by looking through their main website for signs of proficiency. A good lawyer with a lot of experience in their field will try to advertise this fact, whether it's by listing the associations they belong to, what law schools they attended,or whether they've published any papers, or written any books in their field, just to name a few examples. You can also get a feel for their expertise within a certain field by looking through their blog if they have one.
- Ask about their experience - When you speak to a lawyer, ask about their specific experience. You'll want to work with a lawyer that isn't fresh out of law school. While new lawyers may be highly successful down the road, you'll be taking less of a risk choosing a more experienced lawyer. Just make sure you choose a lawyer that has experience with cases similar to yours.
- Ask about their track record - A good lawyer will be more than happy to provide you with their in court track record. Although your case may never make it to court, you'll want someone that has a winning record to represent you in case it does. If the lawyer refuses to reveal this information, consider it a red flag. There's no reason not to provide you with this information unless it's unflattering.
- Make sure you get along with the lawyer - Even if the lawyer has a ton of experience and appears to have a lot of knowledge about cases similar to yours, they may be a bad choice if you don't think you'll get along with them. You're going to spend a lot of time going over your case with your lawyer - you'll want to be able to trust them to provide you with solid legal advice. If there's no personal connection between you and your lawyer, it's going to be difficult for you to trust them, much less work with them.
If you follow these tips, then you should be able to find a Kansas injury lawyer that will be able to represent you effectively. You'll also find that our experience, expertise and reputation here at Brad Pistotnik Law puts us in a position to be that Kansas injury lawyer.
Call Brad Pistotnik at 800-241-BRAD (2723) or Tony Atterbury at 316-617-9237 to discuss your legal options today. You can also visit us online at Brad Pistotnik Law or at our Spanish site, Abogado El toro. We serve the entire Kansas area, including but not limited to Wichita, Garden City, Liberal, Dodge City, Wellington, Newton and Junction City. Additionally, we are also licensed to practice in Nebraska, Oklahoma and Illinois.