Why hire a back injury lawyer? A back injury can be extremely debilitating. Even a minor back injury can cause enough discomfort to make day-to-day activities difficult to perform. Major back injuries are even more troublesome, as they can prevent you from going to work, as your medical bills continue to add up over time.
If you've experienced a back injury due to an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to obtain compensation to help cover the current and future costs of your injury related medical bills - in addition to damages for any pain and physical limitations resulting from that injury.
If your case seems like it's open and shut, you may still be wondering, why should I hire a back injury attorney? The following are ten reasons why you should hire a back injury lawyer instead of attempting to handle the matter on your own:
- A lawyer will identify the strength of your case - In some situations, your case may not be strong enough to win. It's important that you work with a lawyer who will be honest with you in determining the strength of your case so that you don't waste time and money chasing a case you won't win.
- The defendant will have professional legal representation - You will be at a real disadvantage without your own professional legal representation, since the defendant's insurance company will surely have an experienced lawyer - if not a team of lawyers - on their side.
- A lawyer will help calculate the damages - An experienced lawyer will be able to accurately identify the cost of the damages, including past and current medical bills, repairs to damaged property related to the accident, future medical bills, lost time at work, and more.
- A lawyer will help negotiate a fair settlement - A lawyer will provide you with professional advice concerning any settlement offers, so you can make sure to get the settlement you deserve.
- A lawyer can help provide advice concerning medical needs - Lawyers with experience in back injury cases won't be able to give you real medical advice, but they may be able to guide you in finding good doctors based on their previous experience.
- A lawyer can help identify your legal claims - There may be more than one party that should be held responsible for your back injury. A lawyer can help identify all parties that should be held responsible for your back injury.
- A lawyer will help you file a lawsuit - Filing a lawsuit on your own is difficult when you consider all of the paperwork that is involved. A lawyer will make sure you have all of the correct paperwork properly filled out.
- A lawyer will help build your case - A back injury lawyer will have the connections and know-how to investigate the circumstances of your injury in order to build and strengthen your case.
- A lawyer will represent you in court - If a settlement cannot be reached, a good back injury lawyer will be able to effectively represent you in court.
- A lawyer will allow you to focus on recovery - Considering how much work is involved in the legal process, it can be difficult to handle the legalities own if you're trying to recover from the back injury you've experienced.
These are ten reasons why you should hire a lawyer if you have experienced a back injury. If you need a back injury attorney, then be sure to contact us at Brad Pistotnik Law by calling 800-241-BRAD to speak with Brad Pistotnik or 316-706-5020 to speak with Tony Atterbury. We serve Wichita, Liberal, Dodge City and Garden City as well as the rest of Kansas, from Augusta to Winfield. We are also licensed to practice in the states of Illinois, Oklahoma and Nebraska. To explore our Spanish site, visit us at Abogado El Toro.